Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Trip to Emerald Cave

Click any Image to enlarge

There is a reknowned hong at Koh Muk in Thailand called the Emerald Cave.

(A hong is a small lagoon inside an island surrounded by high cliffs.)

At the Emerald Cave you have to swim in (or paddle you dingy if it is a small one) through a dark tunnel about 100 yards. You need a good flashlight to find the way because there are some dead ends.

Many toursts come here and it can get very crowded. The tourists go in following a rope line.

Judy didn't want to go into this place but I did. I went in before the tourists arrived one morning with my snorkle gear and a small camera in a dry bag.

Swiming alone in the dark tunnel was scary.

I couldn't take any shots inside the tunnel itself but the hong in the middle was very neat and I got one shot before puting the camera away and swimming back out.

Before I got back out the tourists came in.

wingssail images-fredrick roswold
Anchored in the Morning

Tourists arrive

Tour boats

Tourists get into the water

People on a rope line

Inside the Emerald Cave

This was a nice visit, but it is important to get there before 08:30 and to have a good flashlight. I got lost a few times but found my way in the end. John and Monica from Seamia almost didn't get out with thier dingy because the tide had come up and there was not room under the cave roof. But by waiting for the waves to lower the water for a few seconds at a time, they got out.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

NEXT Page (More) , or... GO BACK to Previous Page